Hello everyone, on this page we will tell you how to apply for a new water connection with Lilongwe Water Board. Don’t worry, this is not as hard or as complicated as you might think. Luckily, LWB has upgraded their system and their customer service so applying for water is not that difficult.
So let’s say you have moved to your dream home, office or factory but you have no water running, well I have some good news and some bad news, let’s start with the bad news, the bad news is that as we are typing this, Lilongwe Water Board does not allow you to apply for new water connections online, I don’t know why, we have emailed them about it and I will update you once I get a response, I urge you to follow us on our facebook and twitter to always stay updated with new content. You can also subscribe with us right below with your email for instant notification of new posts and updates. Now for the good news, you can easily apply for a new connection by visiting the following LWB offices we have listed below depending on where your current house that needs water is.
Where to apply for new water connection with LWB
Northern Zone Office (Kanengo along M1 road before MIM turn-off)
- Apply for a new water connection if you are house is located in: Area 25, Area 26, Area 27, Area 28, Area 29 (Kanengo Industrial Area), Area 30, Area 49, Area 50 (Mgona, Senti and Chimoka), Area 51, Area 52 (Kamuzu International Airport), Area 53 (Lumbadzi) and Area 56 (Mtandire, Mtsiriza and Piasani).
Southern Zone Office ( Biwi Triangle opposite Petroda Filling Station)
- Apply for a new water connection if you are house is located in: Area 1 (Falls Estate), Area 2, Area 7, Area 8 (Biwi and Mchesi), Area 21(Chilinde), Area 22, Area 23 (Kawale), Area 24 (Ngwenya), Area 35 (Kamuzu Barracks), Area 36 (Phwetekele), Area 44 and Area 59.
Central Zone Office (Area 10 behind MCA)
- Apply for a new water connection if you are house is located in: Area 3, Area 4, Area 5, Area 6, Area 9, Area 10, Area 11, Area 12, Area 13, Area 16, Area 17, area 18, Area 19, Area 20, Area 31, area 32, Area 33, Area 40, Area 46 (Chinsapo) and Area 47.
Requirements for a new water connection with LWB
If you have bought or moved into an existing property, the account must be transferred to your name.
- The customer (property owner) goes to a LWB office and requests and fills in forms for a new connection.
- Documents required are an ID copy & title deed.
- If the person applying is not the owner e.g. a company, then the company registration documents will also be required, alternatively, power of attorney.